posted by CAA — Jan 14, 2022
Button design celebrating 50% representation of women at the 2020 Conference, designed by the Committee on Women in the Arts (CWA).
Help CAA celebrate its 50th anniversary of feminism at the organization! CAA wants to better understand and document the history of its Committee of Women in the Arts, including the committee’s many collaborations with other affiliate committees and groups, such as the Women’s Caucus for Art, The Feminist Art Project, the Queer Caucus, and many more. To this end, CAA is issuing a call to expand its CWA archives through a crowd sourcing campaign.
If you ever served on the CWA or collaborated with its members, please consider contributing images of photographs or ephemera, memories that are pertinent to its history, or any digital files or recordings. Any contributions will become eligible to become part of CAA institutional archive and will be featured in a series of CAA social media posts reflecting on our history and shared throughout 2022. It is imperative that CAA digitizes these important resources to ensure that the history of women’s contributions to the arts and arts education are not forgotten
- Send materials and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “CAA Feminism” in the subject line
- Name and email
- Social media handles or accounts (if you would like us to tag you in the post)
- Date of material / date of acquisition
- Description of material/ contents
- Preferred credit line (I.e.: image/material provided to CAA courtesy of XXX / anonymous)
- Permissions: Copy and paste this sentence into your email if you would allow us to feature the image on social media: “I give permission to share this material on social media.”
- Donations: If you would like to donate the original materials to CAA, please copy and paste this sentence into your email: “I would like to donate these materials to CAA.”
- Attachment of the material, following these specs:
- Image/document: please send jpegs that are at least 1200 px on the longest side, 72 ppi
- Audio: MP3 format
- Video: MP4 or mov