CAA News Today
Nominations Open for CAA Juries
posted by CAA — May 11, 2023
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on our Awards for Distinction, Publication Grant, Fellowship, and Travel and Support Grant juries. Terms begin July 2023.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not hold a position on a CAA committee or editorial board beyond May 31, 2023. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service. Materials are due to CAA by June 1, 2023.
AWARDS FOR DISTINCTION JURIES
CAA has vacancies in the following juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2023–2026). Terms begin in July 2023.
- Art Journal Award (1 vacancy)
- The Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award/Alfred H. Barr Jr. Award for Smaller Museums, Libraries, Collections, and Exhibitions for museum scholarship (2 vacancies)
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award for non-catalogue books in the history of art (1 vacancy)
- Frank Jewett Mather Award for art criticism (2 vacancies)
- Arthur Kingsley Porter Prize for Art Bulletin articles (1 vacancy)
- The CAA/American Institute for Conservation Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation (1 vacancy)
- Jury for the Artist Award for Distinguished Body of Work, Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement, and Distinguished Teaching of Art Award (1 vacancy)
- Excellence in Diversity Award (3 vacancies)
- Distinguished Feminist Awards for Scholars and Artists (1 vacancy)
FELLOWSHIP AND SCHOLARSHIP JURIES
CAA has vacancies on our Professional Development Fellowship juries for three years (2023–2026). Terms begin in July 2023.
- Professional Development Fellowships for Art History (2 vacancies)
- Professional Development Fellowships for Visual Art, CAA-GOLDEN Scholarship Program, and Michael Aurbach Fellowship for Excellence in Visual Art (3 vacancies)
TRAVEL/SUPPORT GRANT JURIES
CAA has vacancies on our jury for three years (2023–2026). Terms begin in July 2023.
- Art History Fund for Travel to Special Exhibitions (3 vacancies)
HOW TO APPLY
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and a CV (an abbreviated CV no more than two pages may be submitted). Please send all materials by email to Cali Buckley: firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be sent as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF attachment.
For questions about jury service and responsibilities, contact email@example.com.
Deadline: June 1, 2023