CAA News Today
Meet the 2017 Wyeth Award Winners
posted by CAA — Dec 19, 2017
Meet the Grantees
Since 2005, the Wyeth Foundation for American Art has supported the publication of books on American art through the Wyeth Foundation for American Art Publication Grant, administered by CAA. The 2017 grantees are:
- Fryd, Vivian, “Against Our Will”: Representing Sexual Trauma in American Art, 1970–2014 (Penn State University Press)
- Moore, Emily, For Future Generations: Tlingit, Haida, and American Art in Alaska’s New Deal Totem Parks (University of Washington Press)
- Naeem, Asma, Out of Earshot: Sound and Technology in American Art, 1850–1900 (University of California Press)
- Sienkewicz, Julia, Epic Landscapes, Benjamin Latrobe and the Art of Watercolor (University of Delaware Press)
- Weyl, Christina, The Women of Atelier 17: Craft, Creativity, and Modernist Printmaking (Yale University Press)
Read a list of all recipients of the Wyeth Foundation for American Art Publication Grant from 2005 to the present.
For the Wyeth Foundation for American Art Publication Grant, “American art” is defined as art created in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Eligible for the grant are book-length scholarly manuscripts in the history of American art, visual studies, and related subjects that have been accepted by a publisher on their merits but cannot be published in the most desirable form without a subsidy. The deadline for the receipt of applications is September 15 of each year.
Process, Materials, and Checklist
Questions? Please contact Aakash Suchak, CAA grants and special programs manager at 212-392-4435.