posted by Vanessa Jalet — Dec 17, 2015
READ ABOUT CANDIDATES RUNNING FOR CAA’S BOARD OF DIRECTORS — VOTING BEGINS IN JANUARY 2016
The 2015 Nominating Committee has selected the following slate of six candidates for election to the CAA Board of Directors for the 2016-2020 term. Voting begins in early January 2016. Please go to CAA’s website to read each candidate’s statement, biography, and endorsement – and watch their video comments – before casting your vote. The candidates are:
- Dina Bangdel Associate Professor & Director, Art History Program, Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar
- Carma Gorman Associate Professor & Assistant Chair, Department of Art and Art History, University of Texas at Austin
- N. Elizabeth Schlatter Deputy Director and Curator of Exhibitions, University of Richmond Museums, Richmond
- Andrew Schulz Associate Dean for Research & Associate Professor, College of Arts and Architecture, Pennsylvania State University
- Roberto Tejada Cullen Distinguished Professor, Departments of English and Art History, University of Houston
- Anuradha Vikram Lecturer, Graduate Public Practice, Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles
About the Board
The Board of Directors is charged with CAA’s long-term financial stability and strategic direction; it is also the Association’s governing body. The Board sets policy regarding all aspects of CAA’s activities, including publishing, the Annual Conference, awards and fellowships, advocacy, and committee procedures.
About the Election
CAA members may vote for no more than four (4) candidates (which may include one write-in candidate who must be a CAA member). The four candidates receiving the most votes will be elected to the Board. CAA members may cast their votes and submit their proxies online only. CAA holds the Board election on its own website. To vote, members will need only to log into their CAA member account.
All voting must take place prior to 5:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 3, 2016. The results of the Board election will be announced at CAA’s Annual Business Meeting which is to be held at 5:30 p.m. EST at the start of Convocation at the Annual Conference in Washington on Wednesday, February 3, 2016 in the Marriott Ballroom, Salon 2, Lobby Level at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Road, NW., Washington, D. C. 20008. CAA’s President, DeWitt Godfrey, will preside.
Questions? Contact Vanessa Jalet, executive liaison, at (212) 392-4434 or email@example.com