posted by CAA — May 31, 2016
CAA is pleased to announce the members of the 2016–2017 Nominating Committee, which is charged with identifying and interviewing potential candidates for the Board of Directors and selecting the final slate of candidates for the membership’s vote. The committee members, their institutional affiliations, and their positions are:
- Jim Hopfensperger, Vice President for Committees and Nominating Committee Chair, Professor, Frostic School of Art, Western Michigan University
- Jesús Escobar, Harold H. and Virginia Anderson Chair, Department of Art History, Northwestern University
- Helen C. Frederick, Professor, School of Art and Design, George Mason University
- Carmenita D. Higginbotham, Associate Professor, Program in American Studies, University of Virginia, Department of Art
- Thomas Lawson, Dean, School of Art, Jill and Peter Kraus Distinguished Chair in Art, California Institute of the Arts
- Sarah A. Lichtman, Assistant Professor, Director, Design-Curatorial Studies, Parsons School of Design
- Gunalan Nadarajan, Professor and Dean, Stamps School of Art and Design, University of Michigan
- David C. Terry, Director of Programs, Curator, New York Foundation for the Arts
Hunter O’Hanian, CAA’s incoming executive director and CEO, will also serve on the Nominating Committee as an ex-officio member.
CAA publishes a call for nominations and self-nominations for Nominating Committee service on the website in late fall of every year and publicizes it in CAA News and via social media. Please direct all queries regarding the committee to Vanessa Jalet, CAA executive liaison.