posted by CAA — Jul 08, 2020
MEET THE GRANTEES
Twice a year, CAA awards grants through the Millard Meiss Publication Fund to support book-length scholarly manuscripts in the history of art, visual studies, and related subjects that have been accepted by a publisher on their merits, but cannot be published in the most desirable form without a subsidy.
Thanks to the generous bequest of the late Prof. Millard Meiss, CAA began awarding these publishing grants in 1975.
The Millard Meiss Publication Fund grantees for Spring 2020 are:
- Sarah Betzer, Animating the Antique: Sculptural Encounter in the Age of Aesthetic Theory, Penn State University Press
- Peter Chametzky, Turks, Jews, and Other Germans in Contemporary Art, The MIT Press
- Pamela Corey, The City in Time: Contemporary Art and Urban Form in Vietnam and Cambodia, University of Washington Press
- Christina Crawford, Spatial Revolution: Architecture and Planning in the Early Soviet Union, Cornell University Press
- Frank Feltens, Ogata Kōrin: Art in Early Modern Japan, Yale University Press
- Andrew Finegold, Vital Voids: Cavities and Holes in Mesoamerican Material Culture, The University of Texas Press
- Marika Knowles, Realism and Role-Play: The Human Figure in French Art from Callot to the Brothers Le Nain, University of Delaware Press
- Ginger Nolan, Savage Mind to Savage Machine: Racial Science and Twentieth-Century Design, University of Minnesota Press
- Joanna Pawlik, Remade in America: Surrealist Art, Activism, and Politics 1940–1978, University of California Press
Read a list of all recipients of the Millard Meiss Publication Fund from 1975 to the present. The list is alphabetized by author’s last name and includes book titles and publishers.
Books eligible for a Meiss grant must currently be under contract with a publisher and be on a subject in the arts or art history. The deadlines for the receipt of applications are March 15 and September 15 of each year. Please review the Application Guidelines and the Application Process, Schedule, and Checklist for complete instructions.
Questions? Please contact Cali Buckley, Grants and Special Programs Manager, at email@example.com.