posted by Lauren Stark — Mar 23, 2015
CAA invites nominations and self-nominations for individuals to serve on eight of the twelve juries for the annual Awards for Distinction for three years (2015–18). Terms begin in May 2015; award years are 2016–18. CAA’s twelve awards honor artists, art historians, authors, curators, critics, and teachers whose accomplishments transcend their individual disciplines and contribute to the profession as a whole and to the world at large.
Candidates must possess expertise appropriate to the jury’s work and be current CAA members. They should not be serving on another CAA committee or editorial board. CAA’s president and vice president for committees appoint jury members for service.
The following jury vacancies will be filled this spring:
- Art Journal Award: one member
- Artist Award for Distinguished Body of Work: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art Award: one member
- Distinguished Teaching of Art History Award: two members
- Distinguished Feminist Award: one member
- Distinguished Artist Award for Lifetime Achievement: two members
- CAA/AIC Award for Distinction in Scholarship and Conservation: one member
- Charles Rufus Morey Book Award: one member
Nominations and self-nominations should include a brief statement (no more than 150 words) outlining the individual’s qualifications and experience and an abbreviated CV (no more than two pages). Please send all materials by email to Lauren Stark, CAA manager of programs; submissions must be sent as Microsoft Word attachments. Deadline: April 24, 2015.