posted by CAA — Jul 11, 2022
CAA Professional Committees represent the constituent interests of the organization by addressing standards, practices, and guidelines in the professions of our individual and institutional members. Each committee works from a charge that is established by the Board of Directors. For many CAA members, committee service fosters professional relationships, community, and facilitates impactful contributions to pressing issues in the visual arts.
Important Committee Service Information:
- Committee members serve a three-year term. Service for this committee cycle begins in February 2023 at the 111th CAA Annual Conference; service ends in February 2026 at the 114th Annual Conference.
- All applicants are reviewed by current committee members, as well as CAA leadership.
- Appointments will be made by November 1, 2022. New members will be introduced to their committees during their respective business meetings at the February 2023 111th Annual Conference.
- If appointed, applicants are expected to attend committee meetings, participate actively in the work of the committee, and contribute expertise to defining the current and future work of the committee.
- Appointees must be current CAA members before the start of their committee service.
- All committee members volunteer service without compensation.
Please click on the links below to review the mission of each committee, as well as the roster of current committee leadership and members:
- Committee on Design
- Committee on Diversity Practices
- Committee on Intellectual Property
- Committee on Research and Scholarship
- Committee on Women in the Arts
- Education Committee
- International Committee
- Museum Committee
- Professional Practices Committee
- Services to Artists Committee
- Services to Historians of the Visual Arts Committee
- Student and Emerging Professionals Committee
To apply for committee service, please use the APPLY TO SERVE button below to fill out the application form and upload your CV, as well as a brief personal statement describing your interest and experience. Please contact Maeghan Donohue, Manager, Strategic Planning, Diversity & Governance (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Deadline: September 15, 2022